FB Pop Up

Sunday, March 9, 2014

TPT Cover Text that POPS!

I know it's Sunday afternoon, and unfinished lesson plans are looming, but sharing about cute snazzy text is way more fun!  I had another palm hitting forehead DUH moment.  Most of you smarty pants probably already know this, but I'm going to share for those few souls out there that don't know this simple easy secret! 

We all know that cover pages are really important for TPT products.  We all also know that cute fonts are a huge part of that!  But did you know you can make cute fonts even snazzier?  Before I share my DUH and quick how-to, look at these 2 photos of a cover page for a product I'm working on, and see if you can spot the one and only difference!  
Yep.  The outline of the title text is the only thing that's different, and boy, what a difference it makes!  I was admiring the cover page of an item I purchased during THE.BIG.SALE, and found myself all gaga-eyed over the text.  What pretty outlines the text had!  After doing a bit of searching on the internet with no success, it finally hit me that I can do that with the fonts I already have.  

1 word:  WordArt.  (This feels more like two words....)

2 more words:  Well, DUH.

Here's a quick how-to for PowerPoint!

Insert WordArt instead of Text Box

A box will appear with Your Text Here.  Type what you want.

Here's where you make it snazzy.  Change the font type to what you want.  Then work with the fill and line, and the weight of the line!  So much better!
Well, DUH.  For those of you that were un-aware like me, GO make SNAZZY text NOW!  Happy Sunday!
post signature


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those duh moments! Makes your day a little better!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash,

    Too funny! This same thing actually happened to me the other week when I realized having an outline really made the title pop more.

    I like how you use PPT to make the cover. I tend to use Publisher to make my TPT products but now I want to try PPT and see how it works.

    Katie

    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,

      Ha! Now I'm curious about working in Publisher! Never ending room for growth and learning!

      :) Ash
      The Rolly Chair

      Delete
  3. Ash,
    I never realized it before, but you're right: AGAIN!!! It really does make a big difference!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Thank you for pointing this out! I'm still learning and growing with this TPT business, and this is a huge help!! Glad you found it for us!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful! I was a little worried that I was all alone under the DUH rock! Figuring out how to add color inside and color on the border of text makes me feel like I've got an entire new set of fonts! Happy creating!

      :) Ash
      The Rolly Chair

      Delete

”related