FB Pop Up

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wha? It's CURRENTLY March!

Snow!  While so many of you are tired of the snow, I have missed it dearly.  The hubs and I made a quick trip to Breckenridge, CO, and it was just what my heart and soul needed.  I typed up my March Currently, hosted by Oh Boy Fourth Grade, while snuggled up at the condo after a day of snowboarding, but didn't want to post it until I got home and could proof read with a clear margarita-free mind. Then time got the best of me, so I'm posting this on March 6th.  At least it's still March! 

3....The number of margaritas I had the night I typed this up!  If you ever go to Breck, visit Rita's on the main street.  This little place is in a basement, has just a few tables, and is full of locals.  The ritas and food were amazing!  Fresh squeezed oranges and limes...no pre-made sugary stuff.  

2....The number of tacos I had the night I typed this up!  The "avocado dip" at Rita's was so fresh, and the tacos on happy hour were legit.  Get 3 different ones.  Let the waiter/bartender pick them for you.  Don't share.  Trust me.  My husband dropped one of the tacos.  This is why you don't share.

1....The number of crepes I had the night I typed this up!  I let the guy running the crepe shack make whatever kind of crepe he wanted.  I told him there were no ingredients off limits and it didn't have to be from the menu.  While hogging the fire pit, I scarfed that sucker down.  

I blame my 3, 2, 1 on vacation mode!

Now, for teacher business. Pens and markers... I don't have adorable teacher handwriting, so I need forgiving pens and markers.  I don't like when they bleed through the paper or smudge/need dry time.  I don't lose them, so I don't mind paying a little extra.  I've tried lots, but haven't really fallen in love. Yet.  Suggestions?
post signature Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog name and design. My husband is military too but national guard so luckily we don't have to move out of state :) I just started following you!

    Jess
    http://mrsplemonskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Someday we will be done moving... I'm heading over to check out your blog!

      :) Ash
      The Rolly Chair

      Delete
  2. I am a fan of Sharpie pens. They don't smudge or bleed through but they write dark, which I like. I also like InkJoy pens. Another teacher friend turned me on to those and they are really great.
    ~Visiting from the Currently Link-Up~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I'm going to have to check out the Sharpie pens!

      :) Ash
      The Rolly Chair

      Delete
  3. Love the name of your blog - ha!! I hate my handwriting and I refuse to use any pen other than Papermate Flair Felt-Tip pens... and they come in so many pretty colors! Sometimes for grading I use Sharpie skinny highlighters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pen suggestion! I was at my favorite coffee shop today and spotted someone using Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens, and they looked amazing. Definitely putting an assortment of pens on my birthday list!

      :) Ash
      The Rolly Chair

      Delete
  4. Your vacation 321 sounds amazing! I love me some rites and tacos!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete

”related