FB Pop Up

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Who Needs An Emmy?

Who needs an Emmy?  Not this girl.  Nope.  Especially when I've got a Liebster Award!  I did curl my hair, put on makeup, and throw on my wedding dress to write this blog post so that I could feel like I was headed to a fancy award ceremony.  Kidding.  No, seriously, I was kidding.  I'm totally in my pajamas!  This is how rumors get started.  PJs...Girl Scout's honor.

Acceptance speech:  Angela, from The Organized Plan Book, nominated me for the Liebster Award!  Apparently she likes my tips for organizing!  We might be long lost sisters.  She has a "thing" for binders too!
Isn't she a beaut?
Let's just make sure everyone knows the rules before the chaos ensues.
1. Link back to the person that nominated me     
*Done.  If you missed it, be sure to stop by The Organized Plan Book and say hello to Angela  
2. Share 11 RANDOM facts about myself 
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers and contact them
4. Answer the questions from the person that nominated

My 11 RANDOM facts...I'm going to treat this somewhat as a confession for your pure entertainment.  You are welcome.  

1.  I recently made 5 gallons of homemade laundry detergent.  It works. It was dirt cheap.  It doesn't have crazy chemicals in it.  I'm about 33% hippie after living in CO.  

2.  I ate a Gobstopper off the floor of my car.  You might be thinking that that's not so bad.  It had been there for a few days.  AND it was green.  I don't even like "green" flavored candy (this includes, but is not limited to green Skittles, Runts, and Gobstoppers).  In my defense, I was the one that dropped it so I felt like I knew its origin.  This was a low for me.  

3.  I can do pull-ups.  

4.  When I was little, my family went to Luby's every few weeks.  I ordered the same thing EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.  A side salad with ranch and 5 rolls.  FIVE.  Mmmmm.  Memories.  I had no interest in the blue Jello.  Give me the rolls and no one will get hurt.  Then they changed their recipe and their rolls suffered.  

5.  I follow a paleo lifestyle (I don't like the word diet) about 80% of the time.  I love sweets too much to give them up completely...and obviously I love bread, but I REALLY limit my intake of grains.  

6.  I'm a pretty good cook.  Toot, toot. Yup, that's me tooting my own horn.  I made a Moroccan spiced rack of lamb with a Shiraz and honey sauce for dinner Friday.  I love cooking for others.  Dinner party?  Yes, please! 

7.  I clean my shower while I shower.   

8.  Back to being part hippie.  I got the Excalibur food dehydrator for my birthday a few years ago.  It is huge and totally straight out of the 60s or 70s, but it is amazing.  The great reviews online are true. I've perfected apple and sweet potato chips, dehydrated strawberries, bananas, and kiwis, and next up is beef jerky.

9.  I can pick things up off the ground with my toes.

10.  This is probably no surprise to you, but I plan out a menu for the week along with a coordinating grocery list.  The daily menu and ingredient list is on my fridge.

11.  I LOVE giving Kona her doggie bath.  It is some of my favorite bonding time with her and I don't consider it a chore at all!  Melts my heart!

I'll answer Angela's 11 questions in Part 2.  I don't want to overwhelm you!  My Liebster nominations will be revealed in Part 2 as well.

This teacher bloggy world has filled my heart and blessed me beyond belief!

post signature Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You totally deserve it! Sorry I've been MIA- I was sick all of last week- I promise to be returning to my regularly scheduled life tonight!! Love your randomness: green candies are actually my favorite (unless they are green apple). Bread- probably one of my favorite foods, though it definitely doesn't like me... I can totally do that toe thing. Love to cook to- sometimes I plan pretty "fancy" meals for no particular reason. I loved learning even more about you!!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete

”related